Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

If someone makes a false claim to adult protective services,

Customer Question

If someone makes a false claim to adult protective services, the police interviewed the person I was supposed to have abused somehow, but no one contacted me or the assisted living administration where she lives; do I need to contact anyone. I called the police department myself when I found out about this, and the Sergeant who was one of the interviewers told me not to worry. The person who called is an ex-drug addict and neighbor of my friend (an 87 year old with alzheimers). He seems to think I've kidnapped her and put her into a very nice assisted living home. Do I need to do anything else. Her doctor's diagnosed her last month and have also noted that she is incapacitated to handle her own affairs. As I am not a blood relative, I have documented everything I have done for her as to be as transparent as possible.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if the police are required to interview you?