LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney

I would like to get married in Atlanta. GA. Is there such a

Customer Question

I would like to get married in Atlanta. GA.
Is there such a same day marriage?
Any lawyer can take my case?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 4 months ago.

One does not need an attorney to get married; rather one would apply and there is no waiting period;

Most counties require appointments in advance but this county will do weddings on certain days (including Monday) on a first come first serve basis:

• When you arrive at the court, you'll need your driver's license, passport or birth certificate. If your identifying documents are printed in a language other than English, you'll need to hire a notary to type a certified translation.
  • If you've been married before, you'll need to present to the court your divorce decree.
  • Marriage license fees vary by county, and some counties require payment in cash only. Check the fees at your county probate court.
  • If you don't want to pay the marriage license fee, you can earn a premarital education program certificate - a six-hour class that reviews basic marriage lessons such as budgeting and conflict resolution.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Does it matter if I live in Henry Co. Would Fulton Co demands you live withing that county?

there is the link for Fulton Co.

As long as one resides in GA, one can be married in any county.

Kindly rate positively if no further questions! This is done by providing 3, 4 or preferably 5 stars!

Checking in to see on the above.

Thanks for using JA!