Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Divorce abusive, Florida, I do not have monet, I count on my

Customer Question

Divorce abusive
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I do not have monet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I count on my husband for everything I am disabled and can't work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NYFamilyLawyer replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. My practice is limited to family law and appeals, but I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues, contract law, and other types of law. I also have written hundreds of legal articles. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site.

At the end of this discussion I'm going to ask you to please rate me as that's the only way I get credit for my time here today. Are you okay with rating me at the end of our discussion? Thanks!

Please also understand I am typing my answer to your question – usually a detailed answer – and I’ll be back to you asap.

How can I help you? You're in an abusive relationship and want a divorce, correct? I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Now we have to get you out of it, fast.

Where in Fla are you? Are you able to contact Legal Aid and see if they can take your case for you?

Are there any children?

The more information I have, the better I can answer your question. Did you work during the marriage, and is there money from the marriage in accounts that you have access to?

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Different expert here...the prior one opted out

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?