LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

If you have a motion hearing because of change in

Customer Question

If you have a motion for reconsideration hearing because of change in circumstances after divorce hearing can you appeal the family judges decisions? If so to what court?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You can always appeal any final decision of a family law judge's ruling in a Motion for Reconsideration, or from the original motion for that matter. The appeal would be file in your state appellate court system.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is the state of WV and pro se what forms would Be used? Do you go to county courthouse for appellate court filing?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

I cannot possibly walk you through an appeal. And appeals are not form driven. You must draft a formal appeal, and given your apparent lack of experience with appellate work, you really need to hire an appellate attorney.

Doug

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok ty
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.

Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,

Doug