Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

I want to divorce but can not find my partner and i call but

Customer Question

i want to divorce but can not find my partner and i call but he can not respond.
we got married since 05/14/2015 and i stop seen him 05/22/2015 and communication stop in 10/04/2015 up to now. i do not know his location and can not hear from him.
what can i do? cause i really want to divorce.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

You can still divorce, you would just have to file the divorce action, try to get him served, and then when you can't, ask the judge to allow "service by publication" where you put an ad in the paper a few times over a couple weeks and then he is considered legally served.

.

Once that is done, the judge can continue on with the divorce and will grant you a default divorce judgment.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can i get ur number so we can talk

I am sorry but I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website. I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible.

.

However, if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for "additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I live in nd fargo

Ok, then you would need to talk to a local divorce lawyer to assist in filing the divorce petition. The attorneys here on the JustAnswer website don't represent customers in an attorney / client relationship. You need a local attorney for representation.

.

.

thanks