Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My brother lives in VA. He has been separated form s wife

Customer Question

My brother lives in VA. He has been separated form his wife for 10 plus years and divorced for over one. His spouse is refusing support and he is in urgent need of Medicaid/nursing home. What are his options? Other than his social security of $1500 He does not have any assets
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about your brother's situation. When you say "refusing support," do you mean that she was ORDERED TO PAY HIM alimony and does not? Or, simply that she is refusing to help?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.