Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

Ia a notarized letter giving a grand parent temporary

Customer Question

hello ia a notarized letter giving a grand parent temporary custody legal
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

​Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you related to the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i just wan to know if the notorized document that my sons mother provided to my mother is era land binding since we didn't go through the courts and how can my mother retain custody.

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

While I cannot comment on your specific case, unfortunately, notarized document would not be legally binding when it comes to child custody and any child custody rights would have to be approved and established through the local family court.

So generally, in order to transfer child custody rights, a petition would have to be filed with the family court, which is local where the minor child currently resides and the court will review petition and all the facts and will decide whether to grant child custody to a grandparent, based on the law and what will be in the best interest of the minor child.

This type of child custody proceedings can be legally complex, so it is always a good idea to either hire an experienced local child custody attorney or if you cannot afford a private attorney, then local legal aid office can be contacted to obtain low cost or free legal help.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.