Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I have been married years and my wife left me 12 days ago to

Customer Question

I have been married for forty years and my wife left me 12 days ago to another state. I am retired and so is she can she clean me OUT. I
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Generally, property is equitably divided between spouses in the event of a divorce......equitable doesn't necessarily mean equal, but that's usually how a court treats the division.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Also, the court can order you to pay child support if there is proof that your spouse needs supplemental income from you to maintain her current standard of living/monthly obligations.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

If she can prove that, it is certainly possible for the judge to order that you provide support to her......however, spousal support is not guaranteed, so the judge would have to award it based on proven need.