Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.

I am an 85 yr. old female, own my own home, and live in

Customer Question

I am an 85 yr. old female, own my own home, and live in California. I have been providing a home for my granddaughter and her illegitimate son for the last four years so he could go to school. He is eighteen and has completed high school. He is very disruptive and is a great stress to me. Do I have any legal obligation to continue providing a home for him?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

You have no legal obligation to provide for any adult. You can kick him out but you first need to give him 60 days notice to leave.

If he refuses you will need to hire an attorney to get an ejectment order from the court, which will then be executed by the sheriff.