JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

My Ex-Wife and I purchased a timeshare in Nevada 8 years

Customer Question

My Ex-Wife and I purchased a timeshare in Nevada 8 years ago. We divorced shortly after. Part of the divorce I received a notarized agreement to transfer full ownership to me. I have now paid the timeshare completely off which is the time when she agreed to do the transfer. How do a transfer it completely into my name only or into my current wife's and my name?
Thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The best thing to do is check with your timeshare and see if they have any forms you fill out. Timeshare ownership is usually conveyed with a deed of some type in Nevada. You could have a local lawyer draft the timeshare and then get your ex to sign the deed to you.

If she refuses then you would have to take her back to court through a Motion to Compel or a Motion to Distribute Undistributed Properties and have the court order her to sign as well as having the court order reflect that the timeshare has been paid off and is now yours.