JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

MY STEPBROTHER ANNULLED A PROBATED WILL IN JAMAICA DUE TO IT

Customer Question

MY STEPBROTHER ANNULLED A PROBATED WILL IN JAMAICA DUE TO IT BEING FRAUD AND HE,S BEEN EXPOSED, I NEED THE ANULLED DOCUMENTS FOR MY LAWYER, WHERE CAN I GET A COPY OF THESE DOCUMENT IN JAMAICA WI
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: JAMAICA WEST INDIES
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: YES THEY WHAT THE ANULLED PAPERWORK
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: THEY SAID TO GET THE PAPERWORK AND GO AND SEE THEM AS MY STEPMOTHER DIED INTESTATE AND WE THE OTHER STEPCHILDREN WOULD LIKE TO START PROCEEDING ON TRANSFERING THE TITLE TO US.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: THE LAWYER KNOWS THERE IS A CAVEAT ON THE ESTATE AS WE LODGE IT IN ORDER FOR THAT STEPBROTHER NOT TO MESS ABOUT WITH IT. THE LAYER ALSO KNOW ABOUT THE FRAUD, AND THERE IS NO OTHER RELATIVE ALIVE,EG MOM,DAD,BROTHERS,UNCLE,AUNT - NEICES DONT COUNT - MY STEPMOTHER WAS MARRIED TO MY DAD, HE DIED FIRST LEAVING A WILL, BUT THAT DOESNT COUNT, THE STEPBROTHER IS NO RELATION OF OURS, MY STEPMOTHER PART RAISED HIM, SHE HAD NO CHILDREN ABD DIED AT THE AGE OF 83
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Although I am in the US I have ordered documents from Jamaica before. You would contact the clerk for the court where the probate and the annulment took place and then order a "certified copy" of the file. There is a charge for it and it took a while to get the papers when I ordered them but eventually they came through. I remember it taking so long that I had started looking for flights down to just go and pick them up myself.

You have to get them certified so they are admissible in court in the US.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of something else.