How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11696
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have joint legal and shared physical custody of my son I

Customer Question

I have joint legal and shared physical custody of my son I get 182 to 183 overnights a year depends on how the weeks and holidays fall while I have him I pay for his child care (400 a month) for his food his clothes ($100 a month) his shelter (1,100 a month) and I also pay for his health insurance ($232 a month). When my ex wife has him I even send her money whenever she ask me to b/c he needs pampers or snacks for school I send her about 100-200 a month. I also have other expenses such as carfare ($292 a month), light and gas bill, cellphone bill. She had a job working 40 hours a week and making 10/h.r she quit that job moved upstate New York and got on public assistance- she hasn't been working since and now that she is on public asistance they want me to pay child support which is ridiculous, since I already more than take care of my son. I make 42,000 a year. After taxes I barely have anything left to live off of. Not sure what I can do or if I will have to pay her additional child support
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. Are all the payments which you shared above made voluntarily or through court order?

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Hi, are you still with me?