Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Dad and stepmother alienated affection of three children

Customer Question

Dad and stepmother alienated affection of three children over 8 years of residential custody. Any help in the courts?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Mom is in Is, dad and kids in Tenn.
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet. Wondered about laws in those two states.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: The dad was emotionally abusive when the mom left and she had a hard time getting back on her feet. Since then, the dad and step mom have done all they can to keep them from the mom, even though they have shared custody
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: they also have convinced the two older kids that she is a bad mother and don't need to be around her any more.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to assisting you.

I just want to clarify a few things to make sure I understand correctly.

Is the original custody/visitation order from Tennessee?

And if I'm understanding correctly, mom has visitation rights, but father (step-mom doesn't have legal rights here) is denying mother contact/access and mom wants to know rights?