Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

I need to know what I can do about the papers I was severed

Customer Question

I need to know what I can do about the papers I was severed for child support and how to see my daughter. Her mother is keeping her from me and I want to win custody of her
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 4 months ago.

What exactly were you served.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was from Attorny General. Saying I have 20 days to respond with an answer and 50 days to give my financial statements

Can you scan them and attach them to this chat so I can see what kinds of documents these are?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
give me a few mins

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here is what I was sent. Last year I tried to get attorney general to set up an account for me to ot threw they sent me papers I filled them out and sent them back. Then we had a meeting and they said there was nothing they could do for me. They have the paper that I filled out of all the money I sent to my ex and she agreed to all the money I spent. I can't find my copy but I have continued to pay or buy things for my daughter. I have not seen my daughter in over a month and she won't even let me talk to her

I am going to opt out in favor of someone who has state child support experience in the State of Texas as this is a little more complex than a case filed by a parent. Do not respond or the case will be sent back to me.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
First off, the papers you were served are only for child support payments and have nothing to do with custody/visitation, that is a separate issue for which you need to file a petition to modify custody if there is a custody order in place she is not following and ask the court to modify your visitation schedule to get your visitation order set (See:
You have to file that and serve the mother with a summons to answer and appear. This has nothing to do, as I said above, with what you were served.
You have to submit an answer that looks just like the document you were served and answer each paragraph that they have in the complaint. This is not something simple and you really should be using a local attorney to represent you on this because they are seeking child support and back child support from you and an order to garnish your pay for that support and you need to get this done right and now is not the time to try to do something like this pro se, you simply do not have the time to answer and protect yourself.