Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son and s live in girlfriend are about to split up. My

Customer Question

My son and his live in girlfriend are about to split up. My parents bought them car. they're both in his name . can she keep the car for the baby. She has been employed for 2 years and he has been employed for 6 months. She has supported this family since the baby was born. Does she have to give up the car?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  David L replied 11 months ago.

Hi and thanks for asking your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. What is your preference, that she is able to keep the car or that she is required to return it to your son?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She keep the car for the child
Expert:  David L replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the clarification. I think you can make a reasonable legal argument that she keep the car. At a minimum, she should be entitled to at least 1/2 the value of the car. Is your son trying to keep the car?