Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

But You did't unerstand my question. I want to sue m because

Customer Question

I'm Sorry but You did't unerstand my question. I want to sue him because he said he was her attorney. Because only she could sue me for all the false alegations they were trying to charge me with. I believe he was actually hired by my brother and was using my mother and saying she was his client, she was forgetful and being manipulated to sign and say what my brother wanted her to. I was never found guilty but because they had the court believing I was. I asked that she be evaluated because I had a durable POA for my mom which should have made it easy for me t gain gardianship and get her away from them. But they got her information by intimidating the attorney who had her files and they were turned over thinking she had hired him and wanted to end my POA and then fight me on the guardianship so the court appointed another lawyer as her guardian. this was in 2007, my poa was from 2000. Her will was from 1999.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a MA attorney. I am afraid that it is too late to sue any attorney for malpractice, or even breach of contract, at this point because if all of this happened in 2007 (assuming the latest date you mentioned) that is well beyond the 3 year statute of limitations for suing the attorney for malpractice, misrepresentation or breach of contact. The time to have sued the attorney for all of these allegations would have been at the time all of these things were done to you.
I am sorry, but the system may have failed you and you may have been able to succeed had you sued the attorney and your brother even at the time all this happened, but the MA law strictly bars any lawsuits outside of the statute of limitations period.