FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

I believe that my husband had fathered a child outside of

Customer Question

Good evening Pearl
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I believe that my husband had fathered a child outside of our marriage and it is tearing my marriage apart. How can I as his wife go about finding out if it is his child or not ?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Harvey, Louisiana.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: Only that my husband says that it is not his child and the mother of the child keeps insinuating otherwise.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 4 months ago.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Based upon what you shared above, you would need to demand your husband take a paternity test. You can buy one in the store or order one online and ask that he and the child submit to it, so the results can be known. If he refuses, then it could indicate that the child may be his or if the mother refuses to allow it, show that she is lying. I say this because both parties are being firm on their statements, so someone could be lying and a paternity test would reveal the truth.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.