Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I recently had my 3 month old grandson as per cps in Oswego

Customer Question

I recently had my 3 month old grandson as per cps in Oswego county. My son and girlfriend and I were entered into a safe plan. They are both herion addicts and are currently using. On Saturday june4. The girlfriends aunt shows up at my home with paperwork stating she has custody now. I had to let them take him. What are my rights? Can i get custody of him and where do I start this process? Thank you for your help
Submitted: 4 months ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what are my rights" or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

As to the specific question you asked about getting custody, can you tell me where the court was located that supposedly gave the aunt custody and what was the name of the order she showed/gave you?