Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

I've been informed after almost 20 years I have a will now

Customer Question

I've been informed after almost 20 years I have a will now adult child in Texas . She is going to be 20!!! Wow!!! I HAVE 4 kids I pay on now!!! I don't live in Texas but would love to meet my supposed daughter. Am I still liable for child support??? And thanks mom for letting me know!!!!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Am I still liable for child support?

.

No, the age of majority for child support is 18 yrs or until high school graduation..

.

So you have no legal obligations to this alleged child.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am sorry but I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website. I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible.

.

However, if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for "additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

.

thanks