Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

My son (Jake) has child with girlfriend (Tori) and they live

Customer Question

My son (Jake) has child with girlfriend (Tori) and they live together in Montgomery County Ohio. They have a child and she is neglectful and this is witnessed by many, even taking drugs during pregnancy flagging children services. He wants to leave with baby (Alex) but to do this legally. What steps does he need to take?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. He needs to go to family court and file a motion for primary physical custody and, ideally, primary legal custody (though legal custody is harder to get AND not necessary for him to 'leave with baby'. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need me to clarify anything. I would be happy to do so. Please also submit a rating so I receive credit for assisting you today.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks! We also worry that the mother (Tori) will leave to another city/county and hide the child with her grandmother. Once the proceedings start, can she do this legally?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there somewhere I can get these forms online?
It's my pleasure. Happy to help. As part of your motion you should specifically ask the court to not permit a relocation during the pendency of procedures. Although, that's generally not permitted anyway. I am on a mobile device, but I should be at my desktop in about an hour, and will try to find some helpful forms for you. If you could take a moment to leave positive feedback I would appreciate it.

I found you some forms :)

This is the main website: https://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/JCS/CFC/DRForms/

Also, take a look at this one, which is a link off the main website: https://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/JCS/CFC/DRForms/parentalRightChange.asp It's the Motion for Change in Allocation of Parental Rights and Responsibilities

And, for future reference, if you ever need anything, you can always reach me directly by putting "FOR OLIVIA" in the first line of your request and as long as I am online Just Answer will route it to me. If you could please take a moment to submit positive feedback if you're satisfied with your assistance I would appreciate it.

Hello. I noticed you have not yet submitted a rating and therefore it remains "Open" on my end. I was wondering if you need any additional information or need me to clarify anything first. I’d be happy to do so. Please do NOT provide a negative rating if you have a follow up question or need me to clarify anything - all you have to do is ask and I'll be happy to respond. If there is a delay in responding it's because I'm working with another customer or simply not at my computer - but I assure you I will respond as soon as I can.

Hello. I noticed you have not yet submitted a rating and therefore it remains "Open" on my end. I was wondering if you need any additional information or need me to clarify anything first. I’d be happy to do so.