Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have poof of said divorce that was filed in 1993, I found

Customer Question

I have poof of said divorce that was filed in 1993, I found that the divorce was invalid due to my husband not being a resident of the stat he filed in. I need to know how to represent myself with this information?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unfortunately, your question is too general to answer as phrased. Can you rephrase and be as specific as possible.

Also, were you living in VA at the time the divorce was filed? If so, how long had you lived there before he filed?

How long had he lived there before he filed?

Who told you the divorce wasn't valid? Was it ever ruled invalid by any court in a specific, written order?