RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

My fiance is incarcerated in Sumter County Detention Center,

Customer Question

My fiance is incarcerated in Sumter County Detention Center, Sumter County Florida, and we are trying to figure out how to get our marriage license, as we were already planning on getting married and have a little one on the way! I am trying to figure out how to go about getting it
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed Florida attorney and look forward to assisting you.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Every county Clerk of Court has different procedures for handling the process when both parties cannot appear in person for the license application due to issues such as hospitalization or incarceration. Therefore, you'll need to call the Clerk of Court at(###) ###-####and ask what their procedures are and what information needs to be included on the application before you go down there.

If you need clarification or additional information, please reply and I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars, so that I am credited for my time today.

Did you need clarification or additional information about my answer? If so, please reply, I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, please remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as experts are not employees of this site and we are only paid if you leave a positive rating. Thank you.