Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am mother at Ennis Center and I have been try to adopt a

Customer Question

I am foster mother at Ennis Center and I have been try to adopt a child since 10/15 and Ennis keep tell me reason why they have not send my paper to the mci office who make that decision what can I do
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Why are they saying they have not sent your paperwork into the office yet?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Because they are saying they want make sure that everything is done right but they have been doing that since 10/2015
Thank you for your reply.
Have you spoken to the agency director, because legally you are at their mercy and you need to find out what the actual hold up is on your case? If they are managing the adoption, there is nothing else you can do other than go through them to make the adoption happen, because a court cannot approve it without their approval.