Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

Today I was served with an Order of Protection where my soon

Customer Question

Hi. Today I was served with an Order of Protection where my soon to be ex wife is trying to remove me from the home.
It has been signed by a judge - through my attorney can I have this contested or respond ?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The order of protection is stating harassment due to text I sent asking to speak to the boys while they were on vacation and she did not respond.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I'm assuming it's a temporary order? If so, you will be able to contest it at the next hearing which should be scheduled within the week.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Should I have been notified of the first hearing when it was signed by the judge ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
until the hearing do I need to leave the home ? How do I know see my children for the week if she will respond to me ?
If there is an order protection you need to get a copy of it. I'm assuming it says you can't have contact with your children or with her for a week. If you do reach out to them in violation of the court order you could be arrested, so please don't do that.

In general, the temporary order is granted ex parte, meaning she goes to the court without notifying you and asks for the order. The permanent restraining order will give you a chance to be there and to basically call bull**** on whatever she is accusing you of.

Hello. I noticed you have not yet submitted a rating and therefore it remains "Open" on my end. I was wondering if you need any additional information or need me to clarify anything first. I’d be happy to do so. Please do NOT provide a negative rating if there's something you are unclear about; please just ask a follow up question and I'll be happy to answer it.