Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

My wife never discussed divorce with me and filed a

Customer Question

My wife never discussed divorce with me and filed a contested divorce. This seems unethical on her part as well as her lawyer. What can I do to ask the court to consider giving me time to work out an uncontested divorce?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. That's not cusstomarily done - but if you want to work out a settlement with your ex you are absolutely free to do so - even though she filed a contested divorce. The court would prefer you come to an agreeemtn with your spouse - but there's really no such thing as asking the court for time to work out an uncontested divorce. Does that make sense?

Is there anything else I can answer for you?

Hello. I noticed you have not yet submitted a rating and therefore it remains "Open" on my end. I was wondering if you need any additional information or need me to clarify anything first. I’d be happy to do so.

Hello. I noticed you have not yet submitted a rating and therefore it remains "Open" on my end. I was wondering if you need any additional information or need me to clarify anything first. I’d be happy to do so. Please do NOT provide a negative rating if you have a follow up question or need me to clarify anything - all you have to do is ask and I'll be happy to respond. If there is a delay in responding it's because I'm working with another customer or simply not at my computer - but I assure you I will respond as soon as I can.