AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide

My daughter got kids took in actor abuse and neglected and

Customer Question

My daughter got kids took in actor abuse and neglected and the kids had drugs in there system from her partner they are marry what are the changes of her get the kids back that are in frosters care know and we the grandparents are asking for them to be sent to nc to stay with us she has all ready abusevtwonof the kids and we have them with us for 13 and 10 years and now she abuse the other four and her partner give them drugs what are our changes of getting these kids out of frosted care please let me know
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyCBradford replied 4 months ago.

Hello! I am sorry to hear about this situation. Is there a case pending in court regarding the children? If so you would petition for guardianship there. If not you should talk with a guardianship lawyer about getting guardianship over the children and getting them into your custody. It sounds like these children should not be near mom or her boyfriend.

I wouldn't try and negotiate with DCFS or mom, I would move immediately to get a court order. Generally the courts will want to place the children with family before placing them in foster care if there is a suitable family member.