Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

Can a grandparent take the grandchild on vacation when the

Customer Question

can a grandparent take the grandchild on vacation when the birth mother hasn't been in the kids live the the last 6 months and says you cant?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Who has legal custody of the children?

.

Where do the children live?

.

Has the court been involved in this situation?

.

Where has the mother been?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
his biological father has been raising him his mother who is my daughter has been doing her own not with her son my grandson and his father said he could go to the beach with me now my daughter says he cant and we leave tomorrow
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the courts have been involved
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry have not been involved

Ok, if you have the permission of one parent, then that is enough. As long as there is no court order prohibiting this, then whoever the custodial parent is (i.e. the bio father) can give permission for the trip.

.

If daughter has been uninvolved with the child, then if she wants to object, she can file a formal action in court to object. The judge will then hear any objection....in several weeks.... and then order her to pay child support if she isn't doing anything to support her child..

.

So the likelihood of her taking any formal action is incredibly low..

.

.

thanks