How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 840
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We want to file charges against our stepmother based on

Customer Question

We want to file charges against our stepmother based on "vulnerable persons". If we go to the sheriff's department with our "proof " and conflicting evidence against her can we be sued by her?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 11 months ago.

Anybody can bring a lawsuit. However, if you report a crime and you are being honest and not just falsely accusing someone, then the lawsuit would be dismissed OR she would lose if it was actually tried. If she were to sue, because it would be a frivolous suit, you could ask the Judge to order her to pay any court/legal fees you incurred.