Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My granddaughter got a dui in California 6 years ago. she

Customer Question

my granddaughter got a dui in California 6 years ago. she has since moved permanently to Bradenton florida. she did all the required penalties in California except she moved before she completed her school hours. she than toook the rest of her classes at scf. she cant seem to get her license here. what can we do even to get a restriced license for her for worki?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the judge closed out her case and accepted the completion, then she should not have a warrant issued and it seems to be a court error. If she paid an attorney in CA to handle this, then he is obligated to her to make sure this matter is corrected (or he can be sued for malpractice if he refuses and you can file a complaint with the state bar as well). So, has she contacted the attorney yet to get this resolved, since it was his legal duty to her to do so?