How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 661
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question my record is bad from my teen years I have

Customer Question

My question my record is bad from my teen years I have children I'm 32 yrs old I'm separated from my my wife I have a newborn that is being cared by her aunt I want my child what do I do
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney for 15 years, and I'd like to assist you for informational purposes.

Your question doesn't really state why your newborn is being cared for by her aunt. Is your newborn with her aunt simply because you have a criminal record. Your question doesn't state what crimes are on your record. Have you thought of trying to have your criminal record expunged? There is a chance that you might qualify for an expungement. Also, depending on the circumstances surrounding why the aunt has the child, you might be able to sue her for custody, but it sounds like, based on the limited circumstances you described, that there might already be a case - - that part is unclear from your question as well.

Related Family Law Questions