Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I divorced in 2013. In the summer I'm going to take my

Customer Question

I divorced in 2013. In the summer I'm going to take my son (15 years old) to China travel and visit my parent. We will stay in hotel. According to divorce decree, we should provide my son's stay information to the other party. I provided the hotel's address and telephone number to ex husband for him stay contacting with my son every day. My parent is no longer related to my ex husband, I am not willing to bother them due to their very old age. So I refuse to provide my parent telephone number to my ex-husband for harass them. I provided so many reasons, but judge ignore it, order me provide my parent's telephone to him otherwise instruct my ex husband attorney don't release my son's passport to me to go China. The judge denied every my request and grand every my ex husband requests. The judge and his attorney had good relationship. I represent myself. So the judge ordered I had to pay his counsel fee. Should I go appeal for the judge decision?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.
I am sorry to hear about your situation and I understand wanting to protect your parents but I think trying to appeal it would be futile and lengthy and could result in you paying even more of his attorney fees.