Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

I was on unsupervised misdimeanor probation in Los Angeles,

Customer Question

I was on unsupervised misdimeanor probation in Los Angeles, CA. Recently I was arrested in Arizona while driving through the state on my way back home for a funeral in New Mexico. I was then railroaded into agreeing to felony probation in the state of Arizona. Unfortunately, they will not allow me to now leave the state of Arizona unless I have an address where I am going to be living in California, and they won't transfer me back to New Mexico because I am on probation in California. They are basically forcing me into a situation where I am homeless here in Arizona. What are my options?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
All you could do at this point is to file a motion to the court asking for the court where you were assigned probation to intervene and to approve the probation transfer to CA. You would ask the court to order probation and parole to submit the probation request to the CA probation and parole office. This is all you can do with probation when they do not want to take the time to work on a probation transfer.