RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

My sister who resides in PA is our father's executor but he

Customer Question

My sister who resides in PA is our father's executor but he resides in NV. She has neglected his healthcare. What are my rights to step in to assume ownership? He is of sound mind but he is gravely ill and wants to give up as most of his kids reside in NJ. I need to step in as I don't want his money. I want his money to be used to take care of him.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Executor here has no power here while dad is alive.Dad here if he has capacity can gift you anything he wants or gift anyone else here either.Also he can do a Power of Attorney giving you power to manage his finances and spend his funds on his care.He just needs to do a POA here, he can also amend his will with codicil and appoint a new executor as well.All of things are option here to help him do what he wants and needs done.

He can change his executor if he wants to here, you may be a better choice, codicil forms.

http://www.uslegalforms.com/nv/NV-WIL-01497.htm

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you! I will use this service again once I initiate the legal process.

You are so welcome and the best here.

If you can rate five stars much appreciated.