Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My grandson took a plea deal,served 11 months at center now

Customer Question

my grandson took a plea deal,served 11 months at anthony center now a registered sex offender.he lawyer told him if he didn't take the deal he would get 40 yrs. in prison.him and underaged girlfriend exchanged explicit photos.he was in NJ at the time particapaty in National guard camp.he is still with the Victim.he is 22 she is 19.he is afraid to try to go back to court.having alot of problems finding a job.can you help.he paid for attorney he had before but was brainwahed by him
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes court appointed but sure he will do nothing
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: he said he would work on getting it off record
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: like what?he is a registered sex offender and the victim doesn't concider herself a victim
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us regarding this matter?