JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992

My sons mother refuses to let me see my son, we have joint

Customer Question

My sons mother refuses to let me see my son, we have joint custody. I have a court ordered custody and visitation schedule she believes she has all power and decision over everything
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I already asked it, What do I do
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 4 months ago.

My screen isn't showing a question, but I do appreciate your clarifying.

You would file a Motion for Contempt, usually by hiring a lawyer. The court would then hold her in contempt, likely make her pay your attorney's fees and give you extra time to make up for what you lost, and put her on probation with jail a definite possibility should she do it again.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
can I file it without a Lawyer, and how do I do it
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 4 months ago.

You can file it without a lawyer but it is very complicated and if there are any mistakes then it won't be enforceable and if the judge doesn't rule in your favor you can't try again.

As far as filing it you just draft it, file it with the clerk of courts and pay their fee, and then have it served on your ex by the process server for the court.