JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992

I live in Arizona which is a community property state. My

Customer Question

Hello, I live in Arizona which is a community property state. My wife has served me with divorce papers to which I have the option of answering or ignoring. I agree to all of the terms. Do I still need to answer them? I have about six days left to do so . We have no children.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I would never recommend anyone not file an answer because at that point you are telling the court you don't care what happens and it's too easy for the other lawyer to stick something in the order that really messes you over.

Just file the answer, or hire a local lawyer to file it, and then you get notified of everything and can just make sure it's all kosher.