Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I need a form Motion to Enforce Divorce Decree here in

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I need a form for a Motion to Enforce Divorce Decree here in Texas, Harris County. In the decree, my ex-husband was supposed to:
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: 1) pay 1/2 of his IRA
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: 2) pay for our son's college loan
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: 3) pay for a credit card
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

In Texas, this is called a Motion of Enforcement by Contempt. See sample verbiage below:

TO THE HONORABLE JUDGE OF SAID COURT:

Now comes (NAME), Movant, in the above styled and numbered cause, and respectfully ***** ***** Motion for Enforcement by Contempt, and shows the following:

1. This motion is brought by (NAME), Movant.
2. Non-Movant is (OTHER PARTY's NAME).
3. On ___ in the aforementioned cause, a divorce decree was entered by the Court, included with this motion as Exhibit 1.
4. Pertinent part of the decree can be found on page __, in part: (verbiage from the decree)
4. Non-Movant has failed to comply with the order described above as follows:
Violation 1:
Violation 2:
Violation 3:
(etc)
5. Movant seeks an order directing Non-Movant to begin paying child support per the

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.