JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

I am a single mother and my babys dad is not on the birth

Customer Question

I am a single mother and my babys dad is not on the birth certificate can i move out of state, i live in michigan
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If there are no court orders in place telling you that you can't move out of state, then you are free to move.