How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 824
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I seeking custody son its been a month since i dont see m.

Customer Question

i seeking custody for my son its been a month since i dont see him. He live with me and his mom and my family since he was born 6months ago. His mom left a month ago but before she left she left him in my house she would disapear for hours and days i did not know were i would ask her she said she went for a walk. finally she left for about two weeks and came back with her mom a got all her stuff but left the baby so i went to court for custody and the court day is August but she came back about a month with officers and claim that i hit her which is a lie and they arrested me and she took the baby now she has an order protection againts me and she wont let me see him till august. is there anything i can do. i dont want to get arrested but i want to see my son and she dont even let my fam get him.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 9 months ago.

You should likely have a lawyer. if you can't afford one, look for legal assistance in your community. If there's no current order of custody, she's not technically breaking any laws. If there is a hearing on the domestic violence charge, you should attend that hearing and offer your defense. That's the best way to get the order of protection dropped. Otherwise, unfortunately you must abide by the order or risk arrest and other consequences.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you.
Expert:  originallawyer replied 9 months ago.

you are welcome

Related Family Law Questions