Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

What is the best scenerio to drop a no contact ruling put on

Customer Question

What is the best scenerio to drop a no contact ruling put on by the judge, when he said it was 'forever' ? What type of questionsn may he ask of me the 'alleged' victim on this case, when I want it dropped to no unlawful contact? My fiancé is the one charged, and we dont even live close to eachother anymore, im in a jursing home due to homelessness.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would have to file a motion to vacate the no contact order and you would have to show that the victim no longer has any fear of harassment or harm from the defendant. You have to demonstrate that there is no fear and no chance of harm coming to the victim any longer and that the distance between the victim and defendant is such that there is little chance of harm or harassment occurring.
It is going to require the victim going to court to convince the judge there is no chance of any further harm.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
both of us showing up to court, with a lawyer would help?
Thank you for your reply.
The victim alone showing up with a lawyer would help, both of the parties showing up with the lawyer would also work to show the court there are no longer any issues between the parties.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Would your opion be the outcome would be best with both of us and a lawyer?
Thank you for your reply.
The outcome would generally be best to get it vacated if both of you appear with a lawyer, yes.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your help
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just another quick question, if the lawyer subpoenas me is the faciliyy im at obligated to take me?
Thank you for your reply.
You have to make your own arrangements to get to court, the facility is not obligated to take you I am afraid.