Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I need some legal assistance with terminating a child

Customer Question

I need some legal assistance with terminating a child support order. In 1993, my ex-wife petition the court in Montgomery County, Maryland, to place a lien in the amount of $120,000 on my retirement pension for child support arrears. The court did place a judgment in the amount of $120,000 against my retirement pension. Although my two children are now in their late twenties, the lien against my pension is still current or active. Since that time, I estimate I have paid my ex-wife approximately $331,200. I am now 73 years old, gravely ill, and I need my money for health and medical care. I need some help with filing a motion to terminate/withhold those orders for the continuance of the lien against my pension. I need to know the paperwork to file with the court, place to file the paperwork and any other helpful information you may be able to provide.***@******.***
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####