LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

We have a women in Un of Mn hospital and her fiance who were

Customer Question

We have a young women in Un of Mn hospital and her fiance who were scheduled to be married Oct.8, but now want to get married as soon as possible. How do we get the 5 day wairting period waved...we have no time.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 6 months ago.

This is for CA? That is listed as the state.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No Minneapolis

Thank you;

only a judge may waive the waiting period, based on emergency situations. Below is the form:

(b) In case of emergency or extraordinary circumstances, a judge of the district court of the county in which the application is made may authorize the license to be issued at any time before expiration of the five-day period required under paragraph (a). A waiver of the five-day waiting period must be in the following form:

STATE OF MINNESOTA, COUNTY OF .................... (insert county name)

APPLICATION FOR WAIVER OF CIVIL MARRIAGE LICENSE WAITING PERIOD:

................................................................................. (legal names of the applicants)

Represent and state as follows:

That on ......................... (date of application) the applicants applied to the local registrar of the above-named county for a license to marry.

That it is necessary that the license be issued before the expiration of five days from the date of the application by reason of the following: (insert reason for requesting waiver of waiting period)

.............................................................................................................

WHEREAS, the applicants request that the judge waive the required five-day waiting period and the local registrar be authorized and directed to issue the civil marriage license immediately.

Date: .............................

.......................................................................................

(Signatures of applicants)

Acknowledged before me on this ....... day of .................... .

..........................................

NOTARY PUBLIC

COURT ORDER AND AUTHORIZATION:

After reviewing the above application, I am satisfied that an emergency or extraordinary circumstance exists that justifies the issuance of the civil marriage license before the expiration of five days from the date of the application. IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the local registrar is authorized and directed to issue the license forthwith.

.....................................................

................................ (judge of district court)

................................ (date).

That is pursuant to section 517.08

Thank you for using Just Answer.
I hope the information I provided is useful. If you need further clarification please post here and I will reply as soon as I see it; otherwise, Kindly
-Rate Positively-
This does Not result in additional charges to the customer and allows the site to credit me for assisting you today.

Thank you and take care!

No attorney client relationship is created as this is general legal information, not advice; and a personal attorney should be hired if one wishes specific legal advice for their personal situation.

Hopefully the waiting period will be successfully waived;

thank you for using JA

Thanks; take care.