Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

My husband and s ex do not have a custody agreement son. He

Customer Question

My husband and his ex do not have a custody agreement for their son. He has lived with his mother for the last 3 years, prior to that she was in and out of his life while he lived between homes but mostly with his father . She now is moving out of state and is taking his son against his wishes. He is 14 and has decided he wants to go with his mom. Is this something my husband can fight without any custody agreements?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.
Unfortunately the court would not intervene without a valid custody and child support order in place. Without that she can take the minor child out of state without restriction unfortunately.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating is appreciated.