How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1867
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and s ex do not have a custody agreement son. He

Customer Question

My husband and his ex do not have a custody agreement for their son. He has lived with his mother for the last 3 years, prior to that she was in and out of his life while he lived between homes but mostly with his father . She now is moving out of state and is taking his son against his wishes. He is 14 and has decided he wants to go with his mom. Is this something my husband can fight without any custody agreements?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately the court would not intervene without a valid custody and child support order in place. Without that she can take the minor child out of state without restriction unfortunately.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating is appreciated.

Related Family Law Questions