jb156200
jb156200, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a licensed practicing attorney in Tampa, Florida.
70397729

Can a minor child (age 14) receive a registered letter? Are

Customer Question

Can a minor child (age 14) receive a registered letter? Are there any exceptions?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  jb156200 replied 6 months ago.

Registered mail sent to a minor child may be received by the minor child's parent or court appointed guardian. If a minor child signs for registered mail this is an invalid acceptance since the individual is under the age of 18. There are no legal exceptions for someone under 18. If the registered mail is for the child, only the parent or their guardian may receive the letter. The parent or legal guardian may reject the registered mail on behalf of the minor child.

Please let me know if you have an additional question regarding this matter or need clarification. I appreciate you rating my answer and look forward to helping you in the future.