Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband cleaned out our joint savings account and

Customer Question

My husband cleaned out our joint savings account and transferred all funds to a checking account in his name only. As I have his user id and password ***** his checking account I transferred half the funds back to our joint account and then transferred almost all of that amount to an account in my name only. He has now threatened to file a police report for theft unless I put all the money back. These funds are from our joint tax return refund. Please advise my legal rights.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This answer is entirely unacceptable and I should not have to pay for this response. I expect a full refund.