Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My Mother is on her death bed. She delayed doing anything

Customer Question

My Mother is on her death bed. She delayed doing anything about the legal stuff, and now we can't find her Trust documents, and she has no idea where they are. I also need a financial & medical Power of Attorney. WHat is the most expedient way to do this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  NYFamilyLawyer replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law and appeals, and I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues, employment and contract law. I also have written hundreds of legal articles. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site.

At the end of this session, I will ask you to please rate me as that’s the only way I get credit for helping you today. Thanks! Please note: I want to help you but I may need some additional information from you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she isn't suffering.

I believe everything you're saying but I hope there's somebody in town who will be willing to help out. Surely an estates and trusts attorney will make a house call. Is she in the hospital or is she at home? Is she of sound mind? That has to happen before anything else can happen --she must be of sound mind.

Hi, just checking in to see if you still need help with your question. I need the additional information before I can help you so I thought I would check in with you.