Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son made a will and left s 14 yr old son all s belongings

Customer Question

my son made a will and left his 14 yr old son all his belongings as he had meditic cancer with approx. a year to live he sirvive 4 months wrote a will giving his 14 yt old son entire estate. 11/2 day a trustee came to icu when my son was not of sound mind and codiciled his original will. my grandson was giving his parents gaurdianship as his mother abandoned him 6 yrs ago. now the trustee had my grandson removed from home and has threatened him 4xs to sell his property and belongings. he will not speak to my sons parent the gaurdians of his child and claims he can do whatever he wants with the property and posessions. he has rented out the property to a exgirlfriend for 300$ a month after telling his son he would be able to return within the month. resently we find oit he offered her to rent without goving my gaurdians 1st choice. the house need work and my gaurdians are willing make all repairs and pay the rent he wants to safe my home as per my dads wishes on me living there so i can finish my education at the same school district. As I have plans on going to rotc and then in the service. i even am even thinking about becoming a officer. but now all my dreams are being taken away due to him not even trying to talk and work with me or my gaurdians. hes told me I should be able to take care of my self making y own dinners with no and very little supervision. my grand parent have taken care of me since birth and my father since he was 30yrs old. my grandparents pur hased the home for me and my dad and now these outsiders are taking advantage of me since i am a minor. when all my grandparents want is for me to follow my dreams and these people dont care about me or my goals and futures. im in desepraye need of gelp as my grandparents both live off disability and have limited income. im looking for help in fixing these wrong doings. i dont understand why people feel they can step in and ruin my dreams and future. please help me and my grandparents make this right.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Your facts are difficult to understand. So say that your son made a will for your grandson---which makes you a grandparent----but other parts of your facts suggest that you are in school and considering ROTC. I need to better understand the facts and who the players in this situation are.

In order to better understand your complicated situation---and the situation that you refer to as the Trustee removing a child from a home----I really think that a discussion over the phone will prove much more fruitful.

Thanks in advance,

Doug