Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband owned a home prior to marriage and he rented out

Customer Question

My husband owned a home prior to marriage and he rented out for most of our 8 yr. marriage. All maintenance, mortgage payments, HOA fees and Management Fees were paid out of our joint account. Going through Divorce now, aren't I able to get half of the increase in equity on the home? I'm being told that because it was a positive cash flow their isn't any claim to it. Which isn't true.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Can you tell me which state you are in?

Kind regards,

Gerald