LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

I was served divorce papers and responded to.them. not

Customer Question

I was served divorce papers and responded to.them. not knowing i should have done nothing and the divorce would have just gone thru. We did a settlement agreement and had it notarized. Now im being told i have more forms to file due to that. I cant find the info as to what forms i need and who needs to fill them out now. I or her are not contesting anything as we have an agreement. We reside in California
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While I cannot walk you through the entire divorce process, what I can do is give you the link to the forms that you will need along with plenty of instruction material. It is a complex process and involves a lot of paperwork but it is doable if you spend the time to read the instructions:

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,