Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I am the maternal grandmother. My daughters boyfriend's

Customer Question

I am the maternal grandmother. My daughters boyfriend's mother is trying to get custody of their child. She is doing this illeagally. What can we do to fight her? She has lied in court, but the judge thinks she is a concerned grandmother. She is not.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.
Them not having the resources to care for themselves and the child does hurt their case but at the same time court prefer to keep the child with caring parents. Biological parents are preferred by the courts so long as they can show that they are able to care for the child. You can offer to help and testify in court that you are supporting them until they are able to get jobs upon graduation.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They have their own apartment. My daughter quit school and has a full time job.
Then I think they will be in good shape. I do recommend having an attorney represent them especially if his mom has one.